After countless attempts at making healthier cakes and muffins that always come out too dry or dense or just plain inedible, I found on this lovely food blog, a recipe for carrot cake that came out very nicely.
Find it here:
http://bakingbites.com/2009/03/lower-fat-carrot-sheet-cake/
It has the most carrots I've ever seen in a carrot cake recipe, but it seems to work, and who doesn't want more veggies in their life anyway.
I didn't have cardamom, so put some nutmeg instead, and I also replaced the 2 1/2 cups of all purpose flour with 1c. all-purpose, 1c. whole wheat, and it wasn't ruined.
Anyway...it's pretty exciting for me when I find a healthy recipe that comes out good, so I just wanted to share it with anyone who might still check this blog.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I still check you out hun! And I'm glad you post recipes that have been tried and proven. Your a great baker!
Post a Comment